So I’m assuming we all remember that sweater (and coat, pants, blouses..) at Kenzo’s AW13 show that was emblazoned with their ‘Lotus Eye’ print?
Well, the thing about Kenzo is that creating such casual, not so serious, pieces has made it one of the few collections that bloggers not only admire, but actually go out and purchase (despite the price tag)! Kenzo doesn’t redefine fashion with extravagant designs and silhouettes, but keeps it simple enough that their collection becomes relatable and eventually represents that ‘street style’ we see in magazines!
You see, I WANT that lotus print sweater (and the tiger one…), because I can imagine it paired with items I already have in my wardrobe! I also WANT that matching ‘Petal’ print tee and pant- it’s pretty and simple , but different enough for me to stand out from the crowd! Don’t get me wrong, I also want most things I see across runways (that Celine coat, those heavily embellished dresses at D&G…) but Kenzo is just so much more relatable!
This got me thinking though, what will their standout piece be for SS14? This season it was the lotus eye sweater… but what about next season?
Well, I’ve had a look and I’ve made my predictions…
For those who didn’t know, I am the biggest girly girl EVER. Anything pink, pretty, fluffy, flowery and feminine I want to have it! So it is no surprise that my favourite trend this AW is, of course, those gorgeous pastel shades as seen on the runways of Carven, Celine and Topshop Unique.
But what are the colours you need to know and how can you wear them?
Okay, so we all know what the typical pastel shades are (think mint green, lemon sorbet, baby pink, powder blue & lilacs), but let us take a minute to really appreciate the colours that matter this season (because they are SO pretty!)
These yummy pastel shades are most prominent in wools, cashmeres, silks and furs, but although runway shows are great for inspiration they aren’t the most wearable looks for the everyday person, which is why I’ve decided to come up with some top tips of how you can look pretty in pastels this season.
- Layer up!Layering these gorgeous pastel shades is really important this season, because it adds another dimension to an outfit and don’t be afraid to mix colours and textures! Think a thick woolen knit, a woolen coat and a pair of silky soft trousers in an assortment of pastel shades!
- Pastels, Pastels and more Pastels!How pretty is it to mix up your pastel shades.. a dusty pink coat, a sky blue blouse and a cream skirt? Or how about sticking to just the one pastel shade for a chic, feminine look?
- Soften it up!There are some colours I have missed off the list of ‘pastels’ that I feel add a really lovely soft touch to an outfit and these include soft greys, creams and whites. So, if you don’t love the idea of looking too sugary sweet in an all pink ensemble then add a soft grey woolen coat to break it up a bit!
- What to wear?Look for thick, chunky cable knit jumpers, soft woolen or silky skirts and of course big woolen or fur trimmed coats.
- ShapesOkay so jumpers and coats are best oversized this season with rounded shoulders and too-long sleeves, but you obviously don’t have to stick to this oversized look, as you can opt to go for soft and smooth feminine lines instead.
Anyway guys, I hope you enjoyed my little tips and ideas, because I actually really enjoyed writing them!